SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

Morgans senior analyst, Adrian's report on SXY and COE, page-37

1. 1,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    Sorry tui but this part of your comment is absolutely wrong: "The anti fossil public need to be, and will be, educated that coal has to be eliminated first, then oil, and then gas.".

There is no valid reason whatsoever for eliminating the use of any fossil fuel. Period.

This statement would appear to be based on the stream of alarmism coming from climate science. Climate science and its computer models are in a terrible state, and are completely useless for any kind of climate prediction. Paper after paper has been written demonstrating that, but the people in control of the agenda retain control by ignoring them, and are assisted in this by the media and politicians. If you would be prepared to read just one paper to investigate what I have just said, then try this one:
    https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1029/2018EA000401

The notion that fossil fuels will run out one day is also no reason for eliminating their use. If supply eventually fails to meet demand then the price will start to regulate the use. ie, people will look for alternatives.

But in any case, I doubt this has anything to do with the price of SXY, which continues to disappoint, in spades. Does the market know something that we don't, or that we are ignoring? I have lost money in more companies than I would like to count, by continuing to believe the fundamentals were sound while the market just relentlessly lowered the share price and proved in the end to be right. (There have been plenty the other way too, otherwise I wouldn't be here). So is there a valid reason for doubting SXY's future. The only possible reason that I can think of is that LNG import terminals are being planned (up to 6 of them I think) and these will be unwelcome competition for SXY just as it is trying to grow sales. But to my mind this doesn't really add up: imported LNG has costs that SXY won't have, and to my mind will underpin the gas price at a level that will be very profitable for SXY, and in any case SXY is starting to sign supply agreements. Or, has SXY's price been underpinned by expectations of super-high gas prices caused by the east coast shortage which now won't occur because of future LNG imports? [I doubt this argument, because SXY's share price, to my mind, has never shown any optimism about east coast gas prices.]
    Anyway, I would appreciate any comments on the above, which could lead to more understanding on my part.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.