VTI 0.00% 10.0¢ visioneering technologies inc.

No I haven't. I could probably order in trial lenses for...

1. 84 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    No I haven't. I could probably order in trial lenses for interest but still haven't gotten around to doing so yet.

The main reason is I'm not an independent but locum for corporates. I think VTI's strategy is to enter in through independents first. Both Luxottica and Specsavers (the two largest corp in Aus) don't stock them and they make up majority of market share. Having said that though, I don't think Australia would be a good representation on the uptake of these lenses as the focus seems to be US, Europe and now Asia.

The company is tight on cash but they really need to market the lens better instead of just announcing partnership with distributors. Their competitors are hosting educational seminars/ dinners to promote their lenses with CPD points. That's what VTI needs to do I reckon to get some exposure.

I don't see an inflection point until a major corporate starts to stock them. Independents see maybe 5-10 patients a day vs Specsavers of around 20+, and not everyone opts for contacts.

They should focus on China/ HK as they seem to be more concerned about myopia control there which is the selling point of these lenses. Chinese market is fragmented and the optometry scene is not very well developed. You can pretty much get contacts over the counter when I went there last time and ripped my contacts. But they also have very cheap local brands and without professional optometry advice, they may not know the difference between the cheap and more expensive but better quality/health lenses. I've had so many Korean students come in to get contacts here in Aus only to see that they had been buying really bad material cheap lenses online that are damaging their eyes. Way too common.

TLDR; VTI needs to spend on marketing to educate their consumers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VTI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.476M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4703 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 1429 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VTI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.