Morning traders 3 / 8

1. 26,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1309
    morning all,

Saw a good response from lifeguard regarding sectors and how or why they may or may not become HOT!
    I think it's spot on!

"I have this theory that Vandium is lagging only because it's one of the 'unknowns' in the supply chain. I know it's relatively easy for any of us to understand VRB, or think about the breakdown of components inside a Tesla.. but the average punter doesn't really care for it. And that 'exotic' factor, means that in the minds of the marketers and everyday investors it represents something that's less understood, and therefore will naturally carry a higher risk.

I think cobalt is in the same category. I'm quite convinced that if it wasn't for folks like EverReady/Duracell, that Lithium would have gone the same way. If they marketed it thus: 'The next Generation Lithium Battery is powered by Vanadium! It'll take 20,000 more photos, and 8 hours more video than a standard Lithium battery!" ... you'd subsequently see the ASX stocks rocket towards appropriate market caps (mirroring the parabolic resource price movement).

Summary: Cobalt and Vanadium (and other precious metals) don't have a 'fundamentals' problem dictating liquidity/value... they've got a marketing problem. And as soon as they work out how to pitch it properly... Pow. Watch them all take off. "

Thanks lifeguard,

All the best out there today! .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.