The almost indefinite 'techno-babble' must be supported by cash...

1. 504 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    The almost indefinite 'techno-babble' must be supported by cash flowing through these entities.

The really amazing thing, IMO, is how the cash taps stay on.THAT is the real magic (or dark arts?) here.

Are there any well-developed resources about how that magic works? I would devour them with pleasure. Any recommendations?

Instead, we have terrabytes upon terrabytes about ST trading methodologies and indicators and blah, blah, blah. Some of it provides useful insight. Most of it is ultimately radio gaga. Radio nada. Cacca.

I think the 1.1, the foundation of the whole tricky enterprise, is as follows: the printing of new shares is the printing of new cash. Alternatively put, the ability to print new shares is the ability to print new cash.

Hardly a ground breaking insight for some I am certain. But I am slow. To understand how these tickers operate, one must work from first principles.

From the printing of new shares (the 1.1) the techno-babble bubbles, and the BS flows downstream--seemingly infinitely.

And in that poluuted stream, one finds what I will call the sharks. The sharks are the 1.2 of this enterprise. Who are these sharks and how do they really operate? I am going to guess and say there ain't too many YT videos or texts on the topic. Would love to know/ hear of any recommendations.

Anyway, love the market/s and thinking about them as a hobby. I don't get to talk to anyone in my more "real life" about them. Hopefully one day I will.

But I am always trying to learn something daily. This post is an attempt at that. Now: the gym.

Last edited by CliftonSilvers: 07/08/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.