Hi all,Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but as someone...

1. 15 Posts.
    Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but as someone who has only recently started lurking around this forum but has been seriously considering day trading for a living for some time (and FWIW, I've been swing trading since 2020 with mixed success), I would love/appreciate some of your feedback on the following if you had a moment.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, I ask out of genuine curiosity, but are many of you actually making a living day trading the ASX? Or is it more of a hobby / something to supplement an existing income, rather than a genuine full time job.It also appears to me that the focus on this forum is almost solely around low volume / mining stocks, rather than any blue chip / top 100 etc stocks which, I have to admit, surprises me a little.

Is there a particular reason the focus is on such small cap / low volume / speculative stocks? ie. volatility? It seems to go counter to the types of stocks to I've learned to target as a swing trader, and I'm just trying to understand how different the rules are for day trading in the Australian market as far as stock selection goes, for example.

I'm happy to acknowledge that I am pretty clueless when it comes to day trading Australian shares hence why I ask in the hope that some of you might share any of your wisdom.

Really appreciate any sort of feedback.
    Last edited by KostaMikka: 16/02/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.