Morning trading June 29, page-217

1. 1,683 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    O/T -
    Tax loss selling -

The following is from Motley Fool's website - which is their financial advice not mine -
    which indicates to me that if you want to repurchase a stock you've sold just before the end of the FY for tax loss purposes -
    to have it treated as NOT being a wash sale -
    don't repurchase IT within the 30 to 33 days (that you suggest) from the start of the new FY.

https://www.********.au/2022/06/27/atos-brutal-warning-to-asx-investors/

I apologise to any traders who may have become confused by my posts on this subject - on this Thread -
    perhaps I should have never posted anything in the 1st place.

And I
    guess

now that the ATO intends this year to follow up traders who they suspect have been "wash selling", with significant $$$ -
    may be procuring Chess Holding Statements from Computershare or whoever, for the months of June & July, for those traders.

IF the ATO does that, then @HungHing - you having respectfully responded previously to my 1st post on the Tax Loss Selling subject -
    I would expect that the ATO will use the dates per those C/Holding Statements (for the tax loss sells & re-buys of the same stock)
    rather than the dates used by taxpayers
    for determining buy & sell trades in their tax return paperwork.

IN THIS REGARD
    I note - from my ComputerShare Chess Holding Statements - for my trades in May - that the dates ComputerShare use are
    Settlement dates
    NOT
    Trade dates.
    I no longer use a professional firm of Accountants to do my trading Company's Tax Return - but obviously suggest you - & other posters who've either Upvoted my earlier posts, or not - consult yours if you use one, but if not, & don't want to,
    then perhaps what I've said so far, might be worth considering, if not too late.

I hope I've not set another cat amongst the pigeons. Best of luck to you all.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.