Morning Trading March 4, page-62

1. 7,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 847
    https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/72669445/single

I attended a meeting remotely in NY the other day - here's my writeup for anyone interested in the robotics/AI/machine learning aspect of it.

I believe these guys are the real deal. Making drones is extremely difficult. They have a former SpaceX engineer as CTO (who has a PhD in Aeronautics and Astronautics from Stanford University).

They’re punching well above their weight in terms of technology and capability. They are holding their own against cutting edge stuff from Skydio (with an approximate 2 billion USD private valuation).

The drone works in high-speed wind, rain, hail and extreme heat with a level of stability and performance that is very difficult to emulate (a competitive moat). There is much more to building a drone than meets the eye. They are constantly iterating on battery life, autonomous precision landing algorithms, weight ratio, agility and ease of use - all of these factors are often at odds with each other in terms of their design requirements. So it's quite a technical feat to implement and integrate a variety of innovations and capabilities without compromising the ability to fly.

Anyway, happy to chat more on the main NGL thread. I could use some company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.