Hey there Roger. Well IMU is probably a bad example for me as I...

1. 14,378 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7660
    Hey there Roger. Well IMU is probably a bad example for me as I have been in and around that stock for about 5 years and did most of my learning regarding shorter term trades on that one. It has just been a beautiful stock for me. Over that time you get a feel for it’s different movements and just how it trades.
    I did sell half of my holding today for the standard reasons, a little overcooked from a recent announcement.
    Bur your question is a good one and it’s something I’ve been working on lately with a far higher rate of success. However all credit is due to @Patterns as it’s his “coaching” that has assisted my entry/ exits.
    As you said, once I’ve decided which stocks I’m going to focus on ( 4 only per day for me) I’m simply buying the first green candle after a pullback. Now generally I’ve followed the stock for a bit to see if there is a bit of a pattern in it’s ranges per day. ( 5%, 10%, 20% etc). I reckon the entries are the easy part and the exits are trickier. First red candle is working for me but I’m the first to admit I’m sometimes missing the exits and getting out too early. Sometimes the first red candle is only a test. Again it depends on the stock and what you know of it’s trading patterns.
    loving the HA candles as it really smooths out the trend, can’t stand it when I revert back to normal candles when researching other stocks.
    Sorry to bore everyone else here with this as they’re probably all over it.
    Roger, I admire the stuff you are getting into and I reckon that is going to be an incredible asset when short term trading but is it holding you up with the faster pace of DTing?

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.