MSB 3.42% $1.21 mesoblast limited

Thank you for that reference point aatisket, and it is indeed...

1. 5,491 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8960
    Thank you for that reference point aatisket, and it is indeed interesting.

What I take from it is that the on market selling is a possibility, but I still do not believe it is a viable option on its own. The only thing on-market selling has going for it in this circumstance is that it would be non-dilutive, however it would not logically make sense to me from a practical perspective, nor a commercial one.

Firstly because it would take far too long to raise any meaningful amount from on market sales at current retail volumes. (practicality)

Secondly Kentgrove are charging 4.5% which is an excessive amount if they are simply selling on market. (commercial)

Finally Kentgrove have access to a client base and fund portfolios (which may have capacity) that seeks investments specifically like MSB (small/micro-cap with mid-long term investment returns). (commercial)

We know that placements can be done in three ways ... firstly at a premium, at market or at a discount.

Based on what we know, Kentgrove being able to place MSB shares at a premium would be unlikely. Silviu has suggested it won't be at a discount. So I can only assume any placement to Kentgrove's client base will be at market (e.g. 5 day VWAP).

Following my logic then, there may be more than one correct answer, as a combination of the two methods mentioned may be utilised to achieve non-dilutive equity e.g. if Silviu instructs the shares to be sold at a 5 day VWAP, then Kentgrove can sell what they can on market for 5 days - and the rest can be placed with their client base at the 5 day VWAP price with no discount. They walk away with a 4.5% fee.

Happy for you to pick holes in my logic

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.21
Change
0.040(3.42%)
Mkt cap ! $1.381B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.17 $1.22 $1.17 $5.683M 4.776M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 $1.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.21 19746 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.