Morrison decides to hide behind his wife's skirt, page-66

1. 47,894 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @stayer; if you find my comments about Morrison hiding behind his wife's skirt too confronting to engage with, Katherine Murphy may be an easier read:

" Scott Morrison’s problems won’t be solved by Jenny or engineered TV puffery "
    "... I had these observations front of mind on Sunday night as Morrison sat beside wife Jenny and spectated while she said a bunch of things the prime minister evidently felt he couldn’t say.
    Like sorry about that ill-timed overseas holiday (but I remember a time when prime ministers were allowed to be humans). Like Grace Tame’s cause is noble but that young woman should learn to mind her manners. Like that Magda Szubanski isn’t very nice. Like my husband absolutely isn’t a psycho, he’s just very task-oriented. Like Peter van Onselen shouldn’t ask questions at the National Press Club that upset my daughters and make me “feel sick to my stomach”.
    It was prime ministership by proxy
    . ..."
    "... If there’s a mess, Jenny Morrison isn’t responsible for the cleanup.
    It shouldn’t be incumbent on her to have to explain or translate her husband to Australian voters; to be Scott’s secret weapon.
    ..."

www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/feb/14/scott-morrisons-problems-wont-be-solved-by-jenny-or-engineered-tv-puffery

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.