The last time we saw such a reaction to a pictorial depiction...

1. 797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    The last time we saw such a reaction to a pictorial depiction was Charlie Hebdo’s cartoons on Mohammed (PBUH . The reaction by those who found offense was in my opinion overboard, way overboard. I have similar sentiments about the reaction by our Prime Minister, with regards to this photoshop.

I’d have thought the post beneath him firstly because it was by a person in China not of equal status to our PM. Our PM has no business responding to Chinese individuals just because they happen to have a position within CCP. He should only respond to Xi Jingping. Let his foot soldiers deal with CCPs foot soldiers.

The other reason he should have refrained is because by being so vocal about that photoshop, he gave it a life of its own it never had. He drew attention to Australia, unwanted attention as it relates (fraudulent) to Australia’s war crimes. He fell for the loaded question fallacy. I remember a certain cartoon from an Australian cartoonist that depicted Serena William after having lost to Naomi Osaka, in a manner that raised a storm then, from numerous quarters, and the majority consensus here seemed to feel at that point it was much ado about nothing, an attempt to muzzle free speech and failure to appreciate satire. I think now that we are wearing that shoe, we do have a better understanding of the implications of pictorial depictions designed to portray a reality that isn’t necessarily true.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.