@thecapitalist; while the federal government continues to waste...

1. 46,283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @thecapitalist; while the federal government continues to waste $Countless $Billions every year bankrolling the uptake of dirty diesel SUVs alternatives to them are indeed limited in Australia - we're just like Cuba has been since 1960. Diesel is an ancient technology and headed the way of the dinosaur as manufacturers scramble to get EVs to market.

In the interim Toyota has already released hybrid Klugers onto our market and is well-placed to easily add hybrid Landcruisers to its list - I suspect el cheapo Indian and Chinese EVs to soon become available despite the Morrison Government's war against them but you won;t catch me in one!

Meantime I note with some concern Honda's latest recall of recent Accord hybrids; given my dreadful experiences with Honda Australia I wouldn't touch them with a barge poll. My son's Jeep SUV experiences have been dreadful and his R36 VW is now unsaleable due to VW's tarnished reputation so I'd give that lot a wide berth as well.

Isuzu's have served their owners well and at almost 400k your own owes you nothing. You can only operate within the boundaries set by government and I suspect only international market forces will cause change in Australia.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.