MOC 0.00% $1.95 mortgage choice limited

Hi coffeesnob, not topping up with moc as my holding will remain...

1. 446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Hi coffeesnob, not topping up with moc as my holding will remain smallish in my portfolio.I personally see more value longer term in (cou) count financial hence the larger holding i have in cou compared to other holdings.Moc is a good cash cow and it's a shame that both couldn't agree on a deal but hey i guess this doesn't stop cou from buying more so probably won't see moc getting to pre gfc levels again.

Anyhow Mr Barry Lambert has been acquiring new businesses at sensible prices and this is part of the reason why i see value in cou because of his strategy and smart thinking with countplus.I still remember back in the days how hard it was to buy cou under $2.50 and that was roughly 3-4 years ago now.Seeing the buyers line up an Huntley's recommendation being a buy at the time was great to see and be a part of.Now look at the price today; its a quality stock that is now in my view under priced and that's very rare for count as these are like your Picasso paintings that people are willing to pay big bucks for and a little bit like your Warren Buffett type businesses i.e. See's Candy.. lol..

Now this is enough to tell you that he's one great thinker as the majority of directors out there just buy companies for any old price and have no clue what they're doing.I think i'll stick with quality and let cou speak numbers for itself over the next 5-10 years.They're well positioned for any regulatory changes and this will furthur benefit mums and dads who try and seek advice from a qualified professional/accountant than Joe Blogs down the road who might be your used car salesman.

Nonetheless Barry Lambert is not the type to go out and buy anything.He's familiar with these businesses and knows these businesses well and the planning with regards to all this goes way back.One other thing i like about Count Financial is they don't really need our cash as most listed companies out there try to grow through acquisitions as the majority will do a new capital raising and ask you for more money but as far as Barry's concerned he has carefully planned and executed a model of endless growth and that is "Countplus".I remember him in a video talking about the firms he purchased and wanting them to increase profit by 10% per year and also asking them can they do it.Sounds to me like Barry's interested in the compounded earnings aspect of things and how to generate real wealth over the longer term for cou shareholders.Can't wait for cou to be recharged again..

Now to get back to mortgage choice i think Dividend date would be around September for moc.In conclusion I like both businesses but i feel much safer with cou, knowing that they have a track record dating back at least pre-listing and profit every single year since listing without blemish.High r.o.e and very little if any debt.The pattern will continue imo and the intrinsic value of the business is growing at a very nice acceptable pace.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MOC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.