ASX 0.74% $61.65 asx limited

mortgage pain for 750000 owners, page-16

1. 5,609 Posts.
    negative gearing may end up being reviewed in time. I think even keating thought of getting rid of it at one stage. I would rather own BHP at 10x earnings [like last week], paying a tax free dividend with no maintenance or land taxes than own an investment property. The stock also bounced 20% off its lows in one week. There is little stamp duty, gst and i get my money in 3 days without having to pay for advertising or agents fee's. Nor do i wait 3 months to sell the thing in a quiet market. Don't get me wrong, people have made a lot of money out of property over the years. I actually rent, even though i could buy property without debt. If you buy property at the right time, its a lot of fun but it goes into deep sleep for years at time.Warren Buffet has done well out of shares last time i looked. he has done that without debt and has $40billion in cash. No one in property has come close to that without having heaps of debt.Take a look at Donald Trump for reference. I dont know of a property developer anywhere on earth with his assets and $40billion in cash on the side board. Could you imagine what buffets company would be worth if he geared himself up like most property developers do? He is to smart for that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.