mortgage stress how sad , page-17

1. 3,795 Posts.
    Hi GE , I lived the way you describe for many years ( pay than debt off anyway you can ) , I remember having a 3 bedroom flat in Cheltenham with a 22 k Morgage if I recall , I rented out rooms ..I worked 7 days a week , but I guess this was the way .

I remember starting in property and being amased that people borrowed 100k , It seemed an incredible amount .

But you know what ? while the system is what it is ..you would be near Crazy to be debt free ( asuming a half decent income ) Yet I was debt free some years ago ..Not any more .

And you pretty much know the crowd I hang out with ..one of them has emassed around 153 homes ..lol , Down from around 315 . Needless to say he has done rather well .

One thing for sure there will be not a property " crash " in Australia , too many forces pushing it the other way . Personally , in my business I would love a 20 % correction ..but Its never going to happen . Im " hoping " for a stabilised market place for the next 3 years or so , that would be nice .

Morgage Stress ??? there always was ..they just NEVER used to do stupid questionaires .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.