WBC 1.67% $31.80 westpac banking corporation

mortgagee possessions skyrocket, page-4

1. 2,535 Posts.
    that is a fantastic link, thanks for that. I always enjoy your posts MM having been into a few stocks that you happen to be tracking as well.

being very property averse (personal quirk, prob something to do with being innately contrarian lol) its music to my ears. But overall, sentiment does seem to be shifting.

Nevertheless I don't see how the RBA can justify shifting interest rates substantially higher in the short-medium term given the uncertainty in global markets, QLD reconstruction, and the fact that the high AUD is putting so much pressure on our exporters. If the property market is indeed deflating seriously there will more pressure to keep interest rates on hold. I might be wrong but inflation isn't high at moment?

The more heavily leveraged property investors get bitten in the backside the better off we will be in the long run, a large part of the housing affordability issue is of course driven by people using equity to borrow more to gain more equity etc. and thats just making it easier for the rich to get even richer on paper. I would throw all my energies into supporting any party who runs on a platform to eliminate negative gearing.

Given the overall picture and current prices I would not have WBC high on my list, other things being equal i think it would have been a decent pick at mid 22s (which I sadly missed the boat on).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.