APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

Most pessimistic shareholders ever, page-35

1. 4,382 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    There are quite a few vociferous and disgruntled posts about the management of this company. One can only assume that many of these posters invested a number of years ago at a time when the SP was much higher than now and consequently they are facing big losses on their investment.  So far I haven't seen any of these posts that scares me off this stock or that hold much value in their own right or on the fundamentals of an investment in this company.

What sense is there in ranting and raving about information that is public knowledge, has been for years and is subject to professional audit and institutional oversight?

It was from the outset and it still is a speculative stock. In fact, if one invested a number of years ago it must have been much more speculative, because there was then no information available of the commercial viability of this technology. Even today that information is limited. If you put a lot of money into a company in such circumstances you do so at your own peril. It is always prudent to have a stop loss strategy appropriate to the circumstances.
    No one can force shareholders to become one in the first place, or tell them the level of funds they should invest in the company. Also, shareholders do not have to participate in subsequent capital raisings. These are purely the investor's decision. Spec stocks are risky and you can lose everything. If you don't trust the management, don't invest or sell out and walk away. Golden rule!!

What will prove up the business case and the technology is if APG signs deals for it. Not because a poster on HC says that he or she absolutely knows that the technology works and is commercially viable.  Only then will we start to see the true commercial value of this company, and my guess is it will be worth more than $23m.

Management in their last announcement have again said that key deals including their documentation are progressing and depending on your viewpoint one could form the impression that they are getting close.

I give a similar time frame to close these deals as an earlier poster, namely 3 months.  If by then deals have not closed I will depending on any interim developments decide whether to sell out or continue holding. If at that point my investment is in the red, then so be it. It is really as simple as that.

Until then I'll be re-reading the positive posts on the nature and application of the technology and hope that the deals mentioned by management to put it into practice are close, very close

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.