BET 4.88% 8.6¢ betmakers technology group ltd

does anyone here have a view on the go forward shorting...

1. 668 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    does anyone here have a view on the go forward shorting situation in so far as ASX 300 removal.

alot of the current industry funds with member direct options have a limitation to ASX 300 shares meaning BET wont be able to be bought by such retail super funds on behalf of the member once excluded. as far as I know those already holding can continue to hold and sell if desired. but not buy.

on the flipside, I believe being too small for ASX 300 is a negative from a shorters perspective as wouldnt this take away from the liquidity of the amount of stock that is generally available to borrowed and shorted. ??? Additionally depending on who is shorting and how, there are also limitations on what can be shorted.

there will be less BET on the books of alot of these funds. the current shorting at 12% seems unsustainable. depending on there shorting arrangements they may even be asked for the stock back??? if the underlying fund is either no longer holding it or holding less and less of it as member sell out of it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BET (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
0.004(4.88%)
Mkt cap ! $82.99M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.7¢ 8.2¢ $52.13K 616.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200000 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.6¢ 5747 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.19pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BET (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.