AVR 1.29% $18.31 anteris technologies ltd

Objective: reduce community % rate of infected HSV-2...

1. 272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    Objective: reduce community % rate of infected HSV-2 individuals.

How: develop a vaccine that can reduce the chance of infection/spreading for both non-infected and infected individuals.

* Reduction in outbreaks is vital, as that is when the virus is most transmittable/active.
    * Reduction is shedding is vital, as that is where the majority of transmission occurs unwittingly.
    * Admedus' vaccine is interesting, as it can be applied to both infected and non-infected individuals, and obtain a benefit for both. Uninfected people will presumably build a level of immunity (although, not 100%) and infected people will reduce their transmit-ability somewhat.

This approach should statistically reduce the spread/level of HSV-2 within the community?

Not eradication - but improvement.

The other vaccines/scientists getting a lot of attention for their vaccine (RVx Rational Vaccine, etc) are getting their attention via PR firms - not due to the results.

As far as I can see, Admedus has the best reduction in shedding (58%) (although, I note Genoca now also quoting 58% for their vaccine in some places........) and the certain best in outbreaks at 90%.

Something in the technology is working. I suspect it can be improved upon.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.31
Change
-0.240(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $351.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.80 $19.15 $18.20 $159.7K 8.611K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 73 $18.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.33 90 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.