mother and daughter die in bali, page-125

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    "Nicky James: if there was a prize for diplomatic responses, even one for someone who is somewhat of a peacemaker, it would go to you. Good on you. Such a contrast to the aggression and sneering shown by a few others."

Enn, you are a man of great wisdom! And I could not agree with you more :)

Yes, DS, I did get a nice little chuckle from that :)

Well, I've done all kinds of travel and each has its own adventure. The time tabled touring part was great to just sit back and let someone else worry and all i had to do was be a tourist. I had fun and it served its purpose.

I've also jumped on a motorbike and took off through parts of Vietnam and the experience of meeting people who have never met a westerner in their life was a great thrill. I can speak Vietnamese so to see the faces on their villagers faces when i spoke their language was priceless. I once took my mother to a remote village and we were treated like superstars and we HAD to visit every home in the village and sit down with each family. It was gold for my mum.

But, tour packages can be invaluable for those who are time poor and having a guide is a great way to get a quick education of a place and you can ask questions.

Each experience is new and has its advantages. Travel of any kind is fun and allows you to learn a little more about the world and sometimes appreciate what you have at home.

Thanks again Enn, I like to think of myself as a HC peacemaker :)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.