None of us know anything about this mother and daughter, and...

1. 414 Posts.
    None of us know anything about this mother and daughter, and should not be jumping to any conclusions. It is just tragic for their family.
    As far as the medications shown on the link goes it does not seen all that unusual for a large amount of medicines for a trip to that sort of country. If you have a close look you can see that it is not only meds but water, drinks, perfume and other non medication such as Hydolite tabs which everyone should have in their bag on such a trip.

Typical things people take is Noroxin (for kidney problems associated with dehydration, and severe diahorrea ), stemital for vomiting, paracetamol for pain and fever,maybe an antihistamine for itching bites or an allergy,malaria medication, an antibiotic, alcoprep wipes and dressings including steristrips for lacerations and an assortment of good quality waterproof dressings of different sizes, asprin as a blood thinner for longer haul flights. Betadine for open sores and wounds and an elastic bandage.

This list does not even include personal medications one could be taking, so it would not take long to have a bag full of stuff. Hopefully you wouldn't need any of it but I have always been prepared. If you are in the middle of nowhere you wont have a pharmacy or even a doctor around.

We went to Bali a few years ago with our children and grandchildren, my granddaughter got a nasty burn and my grandsons got a couple of minor scrapes on the reef surfing.
    We had everything we needed to patch them up without having to seek local help.
    I myself have had a bad tummy problem in remote Turkey and was so glad I had the stuff I needed. We have also helped many fellow travellers that were not prepared for medical problems. Even a bit of betadine and a good dressing can avoid a nasty complication in hot humid and dirty places.

Being prepared like this is not being over the top, it's just common sense, a lot of people are risk takers but believe me when something goes wrong it really goes wrong.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.