mother and daughter die in bali, page-63

1. 8,527 Posts.
    ddzx

thanks for the advice - but having been travelling to Bali freqently over decades - (and no, I'm not a bragging ex-pat know it all as are some Johnny come latelies up there who gather around the currently trendySeminyak nightclubs) - yes, going there more times than I care to mention here - it follows that we, and our family members, having sometimes been the guests of good Balinese friends, staying at their family compounds in far flung villages - great friends, many now leading Balinese experts prominent in the Arts and tourism and catering industries, (one of our family having lived there - some of us speaking fluent Bahasa and even passable Balinese in one instance) - finds us pretty well versed in the wheres and whats to eat. Market stall to fancy restaurant.

NO one can dodge virulent food bugs, though. Don't exactly advertise themselves with a poster. My point was that even staying at (say) an exclusive hotel is not necessarily a protection. Our daughter got as sick as a dog after eating grilled prawns at a 5 star "joint". But at least their food turnover is fast. As it is with many busier roadside stalls. Which to my mind offers some protection. Always eat where it is very busy.
    This tragedy seems to be a case of, sadly, being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or just sheer rotten fate.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.