re: another liberal rodent exposed Grant,I estimate it has cost...

1. 123 Posts.
    re: another liberal rodent exposed Grant,
    I estimate it has cost me $150,000 so far to send my children to a non-denominational private school. (4 children).

There is no doubt that the public education system get the lion share of the education $'s.

Indexation on government grants annually to private schools is in the order of 1% to 3% tops p.a. However each time the government negotiates a pay rise of 18% to 24% (each 2 years it seems; not over 3); the indexation remains the same hence the difference between the indexation and the wage rise has to be bourne by the parents in fees. In the governmnet schools - it just comes out of the government coffers.

That is why the public system gets the more dollars. How false, ugly and dishonest the claims of the unions of recent months. Jenny Mackland and her mob - at least Alan Jones was able to put her lies to bed.

Fact is and everyone knows it - if the private system wasn't there - the public system would collapse for want of money.

So who is to blame for the disparity between public funding (who get the most) and private funding? The State Govt. which allows the ridiculous increases each year to teachers. What we need is a cutsy premier to take on the teachers and close the schools until they go broke or see sense. I mean schools are closed fo 12 /13 weeks annual leave anyway. Parents could put up with a once off additional closure of 12 weeks to break the union backs. The money has run out in this state - even though we are the highest taxed state and even though revenues are at an all time high. It is the teachers sucking it all up. They should know how others struggle on $50,000 a year and 4 weeks holiday. It is obscene - their claims. And the NSW government has mishandled it in my opinion for at least the last 6 years. So no more labour - particularly for Canberra. NSW is the disaster which gives us the eye to see what it would be like. And if they were to get in - we can count a 14% GST in the second year of their first term - guaranteed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.