I suffer from debilitating anxiety, depression and a degree of...

1. 1,961 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    I suffer from debilitating anxiety, depression and a degree of ADHD. Possibly on the spectrum and probably bipolar amongst other various issues.
    My mental health means I need to take various medications daily, plus try and work through my problems with psychiatric help.
    It’s odd, if you met me you probably wouldn’t pick it straight away because I’m also incredibly intelligent, so I’m very able to create a facade that’s convincing enough to get me by until I’m found out, which is humiliating like no tomorrow when I watch someone’s face turn to uncomfortable once they realise I’m not normal.
    HotCopper is amazing because it enables me the ability to use my biggest asset (my brain) without the subjectiveness of my horrendous deficiency in other skills.
    So whilst I don’t reform to your everyday cogs that power this institution, I still have a lot of value. I’ve been bashed, spat on, and bullied by pretty much everyone.
    And it’s kinda strange. To those ppl that hammered me my whole life, they probably think, what’s wrong with this moron why does he act like a loser. Well my whole life I’ve always asked myself what is wrong with me, why am I such a loser, why can’t I fit in.
    Suicide, running away. It’s something I thought about for so long. But these days I’ve come to realise, I don’t really need to fit in.
    I’m happy just being me. Like the titanic, we live in a world where a lot of ppl want to sink you. Once you realise you can only be sunk once you let them in, you will be capable of sailing forever.
    All, live your best life, because you only have one.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.