MYX 0.00% $4.38 mayne pharma group limited

Motley Fool is bearish - they suggest MYX is value trap

1. 709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    Just saw this come up on my Google News Alert

"At this stage I think the prudent thing to do is to hold off an investment until Mayne Pharma reports its full-year results on August 25.
    Whilst the growing pharmaceutical company could prove to be absolute bargain buy, there is also a danger it could be a value trap.
    I believe a lot will ultimately depend on what impact President Trump has on the pharmaceutical industry in the future.
    Although he has been quiet on the subject in recent months, Trump’s Food and Drug Administration commissioner Scott Gottlieb hasn’t been.
    Mr Gottlieb told Bloomberg in May that the FDA will change the generic-drug approval process with a focus on lowering prices.
    This is especially troubling for Mayne Pharma as last year it spent $890 million to acquire a portfolio of generic drugs from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries and Allergan Plc.
    The danger now is that the company may not be able to command the kind of prices for these generic drugs that it had previously modelled, potentially meaning the company significantly overpaid for the acquisition."

It goes on to suggest buying CSL instead.

http://www.********.au/2017/07/19/is-the-mayne-pharma-group-ltd-share-price-too-cheap-to-ignore/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.