AVR 0.53% $18.60 anteris technologies ltd

Motley Fool: Is is a buy at this share price?

1. 512 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    I always like reading Motley Fool for their insight. they still don't seem convinced and pitching on Nanasonics instead. apologies all if already posted.
    http://www.********.au/2017/02/24/admedus-ltd-reports-is-it-a-buy-at-this-share-price/

The Admedus Ltd (ASX: AHZ) share price is rising today after the regenerative medicine and hospital equipment business released its half-year results for the period ending December 31 2016. Below is a summary of the results with comparisons to the prior corresponding period.
    • Loss after tax of $6.8m, down 50%
    • First half sales of $12.2m, up 86%
    • Completed full acquisition of ADAPT regenerative tissue technology
    • Sales for the ADAPT portfolio of products $3.5m
    • On track to hit full year sales of $21m
    • Closing cash position of $14.3m
    • Company expects full year EBITDA loss of $6m – $10m, excluding exceptionals
    Although the shares are up today they have been on a steady downward trajectory over the past three years as the company has failed to get close to turning a profit despite painting a rosy picture as to its outlook.
    The company has also asked investors to tip in more capital multiple times over the prior years to meet its ballooning costs for products such as CardioCel that never really met expected sales tractions. The weak financials, multiple capital raisings, losses, and ‘biotech story’ stock status mean it is now generally held by less sophisticated retail investors.
    The company has been on a cost-cutting drive, but is still forecasting another significant loss in FY 2017 and it looks one to avoid until it can start to turn a profit as a minimum.
    If you want to buy speculative healthcare stocks I would suggest looking to those making an operating profit already with genuinely big global potential and an impressive track record of growing without diluting shareholders.
    One company that I have my eye on is hospital disinfectant business Nanosonics Ltd (ASX: NAN). It ticks the boxes for smart investors and the share price at $2.57 is coming back to a reasonable valuation after some recent price falls.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.60
Change
-0.100(0.53%)
Mkt cap ! $357.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.70 $18.77 $18.21 $664.1K 35.88K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 $18.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.69 53 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.