CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

Rapier,“Given that so few (and no Western) sites have yet...

1. 367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Rapier,

“Given that so few (and no Western) sites have yet proceeded to commercial operation, in what sense do you mean some lignite projects failed?”

Shatskaya was lignite with a 2 to 4 m thick seam. The project was abandoned due to technical problems.

“it’s equally reasonable to hang it on the experienced personnel.”

Dr Walker has good theoretical knowledge of UCG and some practical experience combined with Ergo Exergy. However, when you are running a business it is best to have a business leader, who can take an idea and make money out of it, at the helm and not a lab coat.

“As to Kingaroy’s chances of contaminating groundwater, it’ll be a while before we know for sure (though I think “years” exaggerates) but it’s not a big risk.”

The Chinchilla burn went for three years with continual monitoring of the groundwater to verify that there was not going to be any contamination. That is the reason why I said “years”. The environment is extremely important, especially when the groundwater may be required for drinking.

“Re financing the 40MW, remember that Cougar’s working interest is only 70%.”

Is that the terms of the JV? I would have thought that MLM (now COK) would have allowed CXY to conduct the UCG on their coal tenement in exchange for 30% free carry. It would be quite a coup if CXY could negotiate that MLM (now COK) put up the cash for the UCG plant as well.

“Linc are in the same boat too.”

I didn’t say CXY was the only one. Although, LNC are more advanced in their project and have a little more cash to get to completion of stage 1.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.