XJO 0.30% 8,099.9 s&p/asx 200

Mount Vesuvius Wednesday, page-2

1. 969 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Hey there Jako and others. Great threads for learning and debate around the key levels for the index. And for the humorous things that take place, including Jako's saucy cartoons. Always good for a chuckle.

I have something which you may wish to respond to, but also may not. I've been investing on fundamentals for over 10 years with mixed results, but a general trend which has ground upwards. Lately (6 months) I've been investigating the TA signals which accompany movements in the indices and individual stocks with interesting results.

My study has centred on momentum indicators which show potential turning points and trend changes in conjunction with other signals, and my conclusion so far on paper is that there seems to be a relative correlation between momentum indicators and price movement in a relatively flat market. Have been reading Appel lately and he made the salient point that we shouldn't confuse rising stock prices with our ability to be a financial genius. It made me laugh but also reflect on some past wins which led me to 'let it ride' and give back most or all the win in the next trade.

These are just the ramblings of someone who understands the financial statements but is looking to unlock the relationship between those statements and the demand for shares. I have far to go but am enjoying the discovery so far. Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.