LYC 0.78% $7.76 lynas rare earths limited

Mount Weld Resource

1. RVR
    6,354 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2358
    As we hopefully near release of the recent drilling results and upgraded rare earth ore reserves at Mount Weld, I've been re-looking at the very revealing Diggers and Dealers presentation by Dr Kam Leung PhD last August. IMHO Kam is ‘the jewel in Amanda’s crown’ of key Lynas executives. He rarely speaks publicly, and when he does he deserves close attention. So I suggest these excepts from his D&D address are worth re-examining.

‘Kam Leung joined Lynas as the General Manager WA in May 2012. His responsibilities expanded in 2014 when he also assumed responsibility for all LAMP operations in Kuantan, Malaysia. He leads Lynas’ production, health and safety, product quality, production planning, maintenance and engineering services, ensuring consistent management from the mine to finished product.’

Kam’s D&D Presentation Page 10 is headed: ‘Secure long term source of Raw Material: The Mount Weld Carbonatite Intrusion
    World Class Rare Earths Metals Deposit’
    It illustrates the largest (25sqkm/2,500ha) and richest concentrated rare earth deposit in the world, (that I suspect may be the remnants of an incredibly ancient - roughly circular - volcano). This shows the currently mined Central Lanthanide Deposit (CLD), (the highest grade operating Rare Earths mine for the last ten years), the nearby Duncan and Crown Deposits, all within the far larger Mt Weld Mining Leases.

Page 22, including another beautiful illustration of the MW mine, illustrates the enormous ‘Capability for Growth’. It states:
    ‘Expansion Potential in both the CLD (high grade NdPr) and Duncan (NdPr with enriched Dy):
    • The CLD deposit is open to the south, west and at depth.
    • The Duncan Deposit (DD) forms a halo of heavy rare earth
    Rare Earth Profile Duncan and CLD Mineral Resources elements around the CLD’

https://www.lynascorp.com/Shared Do... Diggers and Dealers Presentation 1699262.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.