CVN 0.00% 15.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

No worries Magpie. I can't say its angst I feel. Just a...

1. 747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    No worries Magpie. I can't say its angst I feel. Just a recognition of risk. The pertinent paragraph for me is:

(Mr Agusman's comments will likely ruffle feathers in Canberra as will the suggestion from Jakarta that it "reserves all its rights against any outcomes that might potentially affect" its sovereign rights.)

So, its a case of wait and see. Its up to CVN and TL to decide whether they press on regardless or await the outcome of TL.'s negotiations with Indonesia over the western boundary. However, as it now stands, Australia have given a slice of the EEZ ( the slice that includes Buffalo) the water column rights agreed, though not ratified but nevertheless practiced since 1997, with Indonesia. The water column rights don't effect the subsea soil rights but nevertheless, Indonesia in my view will feel miffed. Hence the statement that the Perth Treaty cannot now be ratified in its present form. Thats a shot across the bow in as much as its like saying, "We now want to re negotiate the EEZ and Hey! while were about it the sub sea rights as well." Of course, they may well use the issue as a wedge for some totally other and disconnected negotiations to gain an advantage for Indonesia. Political Games eh!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $277.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.5¢ 15.0¢ $99.67K 646.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 256723 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 1330643 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.