MAY 4.35% 2.2¢ melbana energy limited

MOVE your SUPER-TANKER out of my DEEP-WATER PORT, page-79

1. 7,686 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 925
    Yep, you are probably right. Circumvented probably the wrong word. Mitigated or neutralised might be better words. OFAC is very US-centric (Dept of Treasury makes the rules, and they expect the rest of the world to fall in line), whereas we "normal" people (the rest of the world) take a more sensible approach to sanctions (DFAT does not include Cuba in their sanction list, for example). Kinda like the FATCA versus CRS argument (US "dictated" that we must all follow FATCA - to improve IRS effectiveness - and Europe then reacted with CRS).

I guess I am just happy to see developing nations such as Cuba kick off the shackles of politics which is 50 years out of date. Why should Mr and Mrs Rodriguez continue to suffer just because Kennedy and Khrushchev couldn't agree on who Castro invited to his birthday party 60 years ago (ok, slight simplification of the issue). There are those out there, of course (no names) who still believe it is 1961 and still express a bias against Cuba. Thankfully, not Melbana.

Regards
    Kit

Last edited by Kit67: 23/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
-0.001(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $74.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.4¢ 2.1¢ $444.7K 19.98M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2048367 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 1402823 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.