I went to see it and by the end I was somewhat bored and...

1. 6,931 Posts.
    I went to see it and by the end I was somewhat bored and wrestling in my seat. However the first part was OK.

I had trouble with the "stone transformers", thinking it wierd and not there in the Bible so I had to go back to see. I could justify them after I read reference to the existence of Nephilim from ancient times. However I had real trouble with Noah insisting the creator wanted to eliminate all humans, including his own family. It was very depressing. This was completely at odds with the Biblical account as God was to renew his covenant with Noah before and after the flood.
    Just before the end I found the speach by the Emma Watson character the best thing in the movie. She succinctly laid out God's plan and restored hope. A breath of fresh air. The scene looked like an afterthought shot after the film was completed and they got bad feedback about the depresssig nature of Noah's position.
    I like to be able to hear what is said and Crowe's diction was very good but the stone things were just too muffled for me.
    I have a thing about hearing and understanding Americans. Often I have nod idea what they are saying, as, for example, I experienced in "Need for speed".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.