MSV 1.33% 38.0¢ mitchell services limited

Moving On

1. 322 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    It will be nice to 'ring fence' the dispute with SMS asap so we can move on with a share price rerate based on the strength of the underlying business.

I think it is also worth pointing out that from what I understand, the hearing on March 10th is about whether SMS have to pay immediately or whether they can convince a judge that there is enough doubt so that the demand does not have to be carried out.

This leads to negotiation / further legal chasing.

From looking into it - it is relatively easy to cast doubt in a judges mind on whether this demand is enforced (they do not allocate much time to decide) and more than likely this would mean the latter - further negotiation etc. I am sure MSV are confident of getting their money or at least a major part of it eventually, but as long as the underlying business performs well then this will take centre stage with the prospect of an add back a bonus.

Any ''victory'' by SMS on the 10th, should the judge decide that the demand is not carried out, should not be seen as much of a failure by shareholders IMO. Rather another stage in the process that hopefully becomes more of a sideshow to the success of the underlying business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.