Moving to SE Asia budget for single guy ?

1. 1,779 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155
    Hi I am well travelled person and usually go on 4 holidays a year usually for 2 weeks at a time.
    Maybe its lack of travel because of Covid but I always wanted to move overseas in retirement I am in my early fifties and plan to move in a couple of years.
    I gather there are many people who live overseas on HC judging by some of the user names that pop up.
    How did the transition go from being on holidays to living somewhere??
    I have worked out I have about $25000 a year available till I hit my late 70s if i get there this is conservative I could up this budget closer to $30k this does not rely on any govt assistance.
    I do own a property but without going into it I prefer not to use this as part of my budget.
    My places of choice are as follows
    -Bali
    - Thailand
    -Vietnam
    - Malaysia
    - Southern Spain although not SE Asia I have always liked this area and was fairly budget friendly when i visited.

Although I might go on longer and longer holidays and eventually transition into living overseas. I like the occasional beer and a fairly budget traveller as an example my hotel rooms usually booked for @ $30 a night all I need is cleanliness AC and a pool.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.