Moving to SE Asia budget for single guy ?, page-2

1. 81,187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    One of the biggest things that's different is the money.

say - Bali --------- well, when I looked - most of the travel cards didn't do the Indonesian currency for a start and besides that - travel cards are way too expensive - one needs to get a different way to convert and spend on everyday purchases.

Also - with a budget like that - you will be always subject to the currency - when I spent time in Thailand in 2019 and spent a long time with some expats and bar owners - the bar business had really dropped dramatically - because the currencies were off - some blokes costs when up amazingly.

For me - if I hadn't have been able to come to Europe when I did - I was going to try Bali - I'd ruled out Vietnam because mainly heat, although it wasn't as easy admin wise as Thailand. I'd ruled out Thailand because of heat as well -- plus there's a fair bit in Thai culture I didn't like - but, I think that Bali trumps both on temperatures -
    I suspect it's probably easy enough on admin - and, I would like to see how a Hindu culture works inside a huge Muslim nation - I was never interested in Kuta style ------- a couple of the other places I was really interested in.

As far as transitioning from holiday to permanent - I'm not the best one to ask - because I've never really been a holiday person - a travel person, yes -- and, for me - if a place feels good --------- yeah - happy to die there - doesn't matter what part of the planet it's on -

as long as it's earth - that's ok

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.