MP1 2.05% $7.47 megaport limited

MP1: Short Squeeze, page-61

1. 6,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2972
    Shorting should be allowed. 12-18 months onward the net impact of shorts is Zero. A shorter today is a guaranteed buyer tomorrow. There are a handful of shorters out there that I respect Marc Cohodes is a good example shorted very naughty big pharma's in the past, silicon valley bank and SBF (Sam Bankman-Fried) etc... They live a hard life but at the same time the investment community owes them a debt of gratitude. Shorts like him keep dirty directors on their toes.

However, most of the short operators in the market are coattails. I absolutely have no respect for those. If you short something because its is going down then you are stupid. If longs spend X amount of time on the fundamentals of a company, shorts should really spend twice that to get to the fishy smelly stuff.

As an investor, If you invest in a stock with good fundamentals long term (3+ years) you are pretty much immune from shorts. Even better If you are one that does your own homework. These shorts actually help you buy at very attractive valuation.

If you are on a stock short term shorts will make a a piecemeal out of you... That's just how it is. No point complaining IMO.

Last edited by Exised: 13/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MP1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.