MPL 1.32% $3.73 medibank private limited

MPL - Thoughts ?, page-2

1. 1,827 Posts.
    I have been tossing up whether I should buy into this and I think I might buy a few. However the wide ranging price from $1.55 to $2 is a bit off putting so I may go in for a smaller position as it seems a little like gambling not having a narrower price range. Most analysts think it is a good deal around the $1.55 and not so good at $2 so if it lists at around $1.80 that may represent fair value. IMO retail and institutional investors are going to jump on board in a big way so the price is likely going to be pushed higher regardless of the fundamentals.

They key will be when you should sell if you are short-term to medium term investor; possibly within 3 to 6 months before any shocking financial come out and people get bored with MPL. If you are thinking long term I think there will be an opportunity to cut costs and maybe change management in the next few years as from what I am reading the current CEO has been there for well over a decade. George Savvides will be under the pump to increase profits and I can't see him staying too long if there is no plan to increase shareholder value.
    Last edited by Albright: 23/10/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.73
Change
-0.050(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $10.27B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.79 $3.81 $3.73 $33.27M 8.877M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 359037 $3.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.74 80738 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.