MPO 0.00% 14.0¢ molopo energy limited

mpo cheapest on the exchange...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Seems we have some well versed "alternative opinions" entering the threads...

lol...go for it guys, I am in the queue for more at 11c.

Look not at total endowment for MPO but at the ratio of market cap to gas reserves (2p)...MPO are the cheapest on the exchange...and guess what, ESG are the dearest!

lol

Fact is however, MPO is embryonic...it is the next AOE in waiting...but that doesn't mean we have to wait with them; we can get in virtually at the some price that management have...or not far from it!

I find it ludicrous anyone would attempt to denigrate the skill sets of the ex BHP team...they were put together by one of the biggest players in the market, at a time they were fully intending to pursue the sector. Do people really think in such an environment that BHP would employ second rate people? lol...if you don't believe me, look them up individually...suffice to say we have some very serious capacity bedded into MPO now.

In light of this, I wonder how many might be interested in gaining access to such people via a JV arrangement.

Anyway, I digress...MPO will not be an overnight success...but a success it will be.

As for their assets...

Australia is a near term viable concern, but of limited upside without further acquisition...something I am expecting at some point. None the less, further work here will result in value adding for the company.

USA assets are sound, with proven regional production, confirmation of CBM's on their leases and a target rich future program.

South Africa could be anything...a complete unknown "wildcat" as it were, with little historical CBM exploration to speak of, yet still gas discoveries from relatively shallow mineral exploration drilling...some of which are still flowing some 30 years later!

God only knows what may lie beneath here.

China of course is the real value equation...with 1.4tcf independently assessed reserves, equating to some 300pj net to MPO, in a region considered in the lowest percentile for production costs, who's partner owns a regional piping network...which will service a an energy starved population currently paying some $1.50 premium over the Australian grid gas prices, which is expected to rise significantly going forward!

By the way...I am not all that sure the previous agreement with Fortune was ever completely finalised...given "the conclusion of the announcement still awaits final documentation", I would not be at all surprised to learn the delayed follow-up assessment from MPO on Liulin was not in some way related to a revision of the JV terms?

At the time of the proposed transaction, Liulin was thought to contain half the gas it now seems to hold...I wonder if there was an escape clause, or perhaps room for "variations" to the terms?

I guess time will tell.

As for comparisons...I wonder if people actually realise what they are doing when they compare MPO to companies like AOE? Effectively the same number of shares on issue, only AOE is 17 times MPO's price!

On this basis, divide AOE's 2P reserves by 17 and see what you get...I bet it is significantly less than MPO's current endowment, even without China!

As for ESG's 17,000bcf gas in place...lol...I hope you do not think we will take such comments seriously?

Are you really comparing ESG's highly conceptual resource with Liulin's comprehensive geological study, which has been based on multiple drilling locations, numerous core samples which have actually been taken...not imagined...and tested no less before a likely resource was prepared?

How many core samples have ESG actually drilled and tested in their 17,000bcf (16,000 trillion cubic feet...lol), resource estimate

I think all that has transpired here tonight is a confirmation of just how expensive companies like ESG and indeed AOE are in comparison to MPO right now!

Thanks for that.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.