MPO 0.00% 14.0¢ molopo energy limited

mpo will go to one dollar, page-3

1. 7,809 Posts.
    You have to stand by your investment nature - investor, experienced trader, gambler .
    Yesterdays panic would have milked some depressingly empty .
    Those who knew that the prices on offer were ridiculous were buying or at least holding .

I trade some but have learnt over and over that mid to long term value investing brings far better (or at least more reliable) returns than attempting to pick tops and bottoms - ie just accumulate and ride volitility for the bulk of the stock .
    Sure, if MPO had nothing going for it I would have sold and not even bothered looking again, but we all know of the looming gas shortage, growing demand, and growing prices in Eastern Australia, China, South Africa, USA, and India .
    The co's that have the quality management to bring their reserves up and into the market will be rewarded (AOE and QGC as examples) .

I draw attention to the Baillieu reports of NXS and MPO and not just the confident and conservative price targets for both, but the warnings to those investors that may be averse to volitility .
    NXS is an important comparison . Fundamentals not so different . Reserves growing, great management . Share prices are at different stages, but risk is similar .
    The NXS chart displays alot of volitility, a takeover attempt, exploration dynamics, farmouts, placements, corporate deals but massive income looming large over a few years .
    The NXS shareprice once given low targets sub 40 cents is well above $1.40 now (recently $1.85) and has tagets above 2.40 with value to 3.50 (real and current) .
    MPO is on the same trajectory and whilst heaps of "specs" are ramped as $1 plus stocks, this one already has fundamental conservative value based on its reserves position many "bags" above where it is now . The Bowen basin 50% stake alone can be given a conservative ingound value over 30 cents per share already . It really is no wonder that this "spec" has had so many willing to buy it for months at any price, and a placement at 25 cents was heavily oversubscribed .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.