SHN 0.00% 1.4¢ sunshine metals limited

Anything can happen...But it seems the same info is coming...

1. 58 Posts.
    Anything can happen...

But it seems the same info is coming through.

Just a few more weeks, almost there... The odds are stacked against the Pelican, with no trades, no news and the same chat coming through. It's going to have to come soon.

But as I said anything can happen.

Below is an article taken from todays mining news explaining the dramas that a few big players face.

Let me know what you think;

Philippino villagers should pay for losses: OceanaGold
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thursday, 6 March 2008
    Charlotte Dudley

OCEANAGOLD Philippines has asked a Philippino court to compel villagers living near its Didipio project to pay for losses incurred by the company.

This follows a court issue of a temporary restraining order against OceanaGold, brought by residents opposing the company, which has forced the mining company to stop demolishing homes to speed up its planned copper-gold mine.

A report in Philippino broadsheet Philippine Daily Inquirer said officials for OceanaGold said the 50,000 peso bond posted by the complainant villagers was “not commensurate to the losses that the company has been suffering” as a result of the temporary restraining order.

The mining company asked the court to increase the bond already posted by opposition residents to better reflect Oceana’s losses, Philippine Daily Inquirer reported.

The company is reportedly losing around $US66,000 a day in losses due to the project’s delay.

A witness for OceanaGold, company vice president for communications and external affairs Ramoncito Gozar, said if the miner failed to meet its targeted April 2009 production date, the Didipio project would have to be called off, the newspaper reported.

The Philippine Daily Inquirer said the injunction suit filed by the opposition group last week, questioned OceanaGold’s land clearing and housing demolition activities.

The group said the company lacked legal order for demolition and did not pay “just compensation” to the homeowners, the newspaper reported.

According to the news report a representative of the opposition group Peter Duyapat said OceanaGold’s request for an increased bond was designed to pressure complainants into giving up the legal action.

MiningNews.net was unable to contact OceanaGold before publication.

OceanaGold plans to mine the Didipio as an opencut operation for three-and-a-half years before commencing underground sub-level cave mining.

Last month an exploration update for the project announced high-grade drill results while earlier this week OceanaGold nominated contractors for the project’s opencut development.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $22.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.4¢ 1.4¢ $16.35K 1.170M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 2848156 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 539219 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.