MQG 0.48% $215.65 macquarie group limited

MQG overvalued in the current market, page-4

1. 94 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    Thank you for the kind words. I have always felt most damage done in HC is done by cheerleaders and their ridiculous price targets like saying this will be either 250 in 6 months or 100 in the next 2 months. The truth is no one knows. You can perform TA with some questionable accuracy, but that is it.

I always felt that there is a value in a good bear case for someone who is not trying to short a stock or declaring they are shorting with a proper theory. I have ignored some in the past at a great cost to me. One was FLT, where I looked at my investment going down from 67 dollars apiece down to 10 dollars. Taught me a valuable and costly lesson to listen to bear cases.

I agree with most of what you said and there is a nonsignificant probability that central banks might not carry out what they plan to.

The Carnival coming yesterday and offering a bond north of 10: I felt is a significant issue of jawboning as you said.

Few pointers against it
    1. There are politicians involved with the process and, in the USA the midterm would force the FED to act more aggressively. No one who is hurt is worried about the stock market crash or their 401K. But they do care about prices, especially gas prices. I feel The FED cannot stop even if they want to. Some of my friends would happily vote republican now.

2. Supply-side shocks are potentially underestimated. There could be more to come. Even if there is a conclusion to the war in Ukraine, the production is not going to come online. We are probably one weather event from having more supply-side shocks at a stage global supply chains are stretched to the limit. It does not matter whether inflation is due to the supply side or not, the FED owns inflation and they have to do demand destruction with higher rates.

3. This FED stopping prematurely is already priced in? People believe in a FED put. That is probably why we still witness a few people who "buy the dip" and VIX never reaching 40. There is no complete capitulation yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MQG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$215.65
Change
1.020(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $82.22B
Open High Low Value Volume
$216.00 $216.91 $214.53 $177.5M 825.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 250 $214.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$215.73 1653 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MQG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.