mr abbott just doesn't understand.turnbull

1. 5,757 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 257
    Mr Abbott just doesn't understand. Turnbull explains in his blog.

I'm sorry but I'm yet to be convinced Mr Abbott is PM material.

http://www.afr.com/p/national/cutting_nbn_won_bring_cash_conroy_RgFV1jTY39aokJDDf2rTrM

"Cutting NBN won’t bring cash: Conroy"

Stephen Conroy accused the Coalition leader, Tony Abbott of failing to understand the financial system being used to fund the NBN

Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has hit out at suggestions by Coalition leader Tony Abbott that money saved from cutting the national broadband network can be used to build roads.

Mr Conroy was responding to comments made by Mr Abbott on ABC radio, where he told listeners that a Coalition government could generate savings from changing the $37.4 billion NBN.

“I think there are areas where we can generate savings, obviously I don’t think we need to borrow as much as the current government is borrowing for the NBN,” Mr Abbott said.

But Mr Conroy accused the Coalition leader of failing to understand the financial system being used.

“[Shadow broadband minister] Malcolm Turnbull explains in his blog the NBN is an investment and is counted off-budget,” he said. “So Australian taxpayers ultimately do not pay for the NBN.

“So Tony continues ... to misrepresent how the NBN is funded. There are no extra dollars to be taken from the NBN for roads or for dams or for anything else.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.