QAN 0.34% $5.88 qantas airways limited

Quote " Outsourcing of their ground work will be an extremely...

1. 1,275 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 335
    Quote " Outsourcing of their ground work will be an extremely advantageous move for the business. " Unquote .
    Absolute bullsheet , unless you worked recently at the airport you know nothing of what occurs on tarmac . The ground services companies ( won't mention names ) are nothing short of dreadful . They employee a lot of staff who have a "zero" care factor as they are casual contractors and if they don't work for these companies tomorrow they will just bounce somewhere else to earn a living . I have seen so many of these people driving baggage to the baggage rooms and a few bags fall from the barrow and even when you alert them to it they just keep driving and figure someone else will pick up the bags and return them to the right place ( if the passenger is lucky ) . Most Qantas baggage handlers 95% of the time stop and retrieve any fallen bags and put them back on the barrow and deliver them to the correct baggage area. Outsourcing is definitely cheaper but generally results in a lower level of customer service which inturn results in losing customers . As far as the unions go the TWU have been pretty quiet on the airport in recent years , sure they make outrageous demands at times but it is always negotiated down to a reasonable level and life goes on . I don't work for ramp services ( that's who oversees baggage ) but i have seen so many examples of casual employees who work for these outsourced companies who don't give a flying fig and they are not just baggage handlers but also pushback drivers/operators , aircraft servicing staff and several other positions . Casual contractors do have a place in aviation however NOT in any roles where they can directly impact the public customers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.88
Change
0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $9.581B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.84 $5.91 $5.77 $44.66M 7.648M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3937 $5.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.88 14024 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.89
  Change
0.020 ( 0.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.84 $5.91 $5.77 1822614
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.