DVP 1.87% $2.10 develop global limited

There will be some other experienced punters here, this post is...

1. 42 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    There will be some other experienced punters here, this post is not so much for you, this is for the 'newbies' that are still undoubtedly to be burnt a few times - just want to identify that fund allocation is key.
    I have not before mentioned my numerous stocks and holdings (and there are way too many ~30 stocks (all bar 3 are mining stocks) over 5 different holdings). Anyway, I see some posts here that make reference to other stocks so maybe it is time to dabble a toe.
    I got into NST back in 2010 at 23c and doubled my holding in 2011 at 29c, I still hold those shares and clearly they have done well. The point being that I followed the clever boys and also bought into all the stocks that NST held or loaned money to. That included EAR, Echo Resources, which NST subsequently took over - it also included VXR amongst others. So I bought into VXR in 2017, at that time at the equivalent of 25.5c, I have subsequently continued to accumulate and hold a couple of what are now very valuable parcels. So I have found it a good strategy to follow the smart money (albeit it hasn't been that great with SFR and their other investments - but the time will come).
    I just mention that I have a couple of other stocks that are almost as exciting as VXR at the moment and assuming those here are interested in copper and/or battery minerals I will mention them so that you have the opportunity to have a look.
    One is KGL Resources, my holding is only relatively small but I have been in them since 2010, when known as Kentor Gold, they are now a copper play with a good story - in Oz, PFS done, moving to construction and production (I know some of the current management and they have a good (ie successful) history.
    The more exciting one for me, in which I have some good size holdings, is Centaurus Metals - CTM. They have a hold of what is currently the second largest (and I believe will become the largest) undeveloped Nickel Sulphide deposit in the world. Located in Basil with support from Vale and imminently releasing two scoping studies (a basic and one incorporating POX), a very exciting story. As an aside they also have a fully licensed Iron Ore deposit in Brazil with a PFS done and a JORC compliant Cobalt deposit in Brazil. I won't go into detail - those interested can do their own research (I would suggest time is pressing for CTM with the first SS due any day).
    The biggest problem I always find is fund allocation - there are a lot of great stories, thankfully I have ridden a few - and hopefully a few more yet. Keep eyes open - I do love the VXR story too (my various holdings would put me within the published top 20, but I am sure I am not the only one with various holdings that could say the same) - what I am meaning to say yes I love this story and have significant $ in play, there are others out there that are also fantastic stories and I have learnt over the years not to put all the eggs in one basket (I have lost a small fortune on ASX 200 stocks that couldn't fail). $50K in NST made me $2M, so you don't have to go all in on one only ... spread it over a few great stories to reduce your downside.
    Sorry if I am telling people to suck eggs - I just think it a shame not to share some of my learning from many years in the market.- and if you are on this thread then you are probably into the same sort of stocks as me ... I am a sucker for early resource stories.

It is off my chest now, hopefully someone finds it useful. I haven't come across many (any) posts like this before, I didn't want to put it in a general stream - I wanted to share it among like minded resources fans.
    Best of luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DVP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.10
Change
-0.040(1.87%)
Mkt cap ! $544.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.16 $2.17 $2.08 $816.7K 385.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3383 $2.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.11 3388 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DVP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.