LYC 0.49% $6.10 lynas rare earths limited

ms and mitsubishi operating to control sp

1. 1,529 Posts.
    OK it started innocent enough relating FAQ events in announcements to SP from TA supplied by Mitta to see if there was any explaination for how the SP reacted to news.

Now I will state here that this is just my opinion from the data I have seen in successive 3b;s.

The interesting thing was digging through the 3b's over time and making corelations between the transactions of Morgan Stanley and the market.

I smelt a rat.

Tends to show that before major drops in SP MS is active in selling shares short.

The interesting thing is that they are buying and borrowing substantial lots of shares from Mitsubishi financial services then dumping them into the market, buying them back and returning them.

Between them these companies own about 18% of the stock in LYC.

Leading up to the major SP drop in Sept last year there was a heap of transfer activity from Mitsubishi Financial through an agent called Freehills.

The sales and lending of shares by Mitsubishi Financial match 3b disclosures date for date with Morgan STanley.

Lots of it...then SP drops in Sept and MS was sitting there with a heap of shares ready to short sell.

The transactions are off market (black pool) as the prices in a lot of respects are outside the reported trading ranges for the day and the volume affects the next days SP.

The magic numbers between them seem to be Mitsubishi drops 1% of the LYC shares (total issued) and Morgan STanley picks them up on its 3B. Then once the SP has been reduced the transfer of 1% goes back.

This has happened several times since Sept last year when the SP got hammered.

Really interesting to view the transactions between these two major shareholders prior to that. Mitsubishi Financial lends 1% to Morgan Stanley who then dump that PLUS what they buy from Mitsubishi.

Then when the SP is low they return them.

looking at the recent transactions in beginning of the year the volume of sales from MS represent about 17% of the daily volume in one instance, significant in others.

After that the SP dives, see the pattern of 3 losing days then a positive jump on the 4th day which has occurred twice end of December and in Jan, they are dumping and driving the SP down then buying and returning the shares to Mitsubishi Financial.

And its the whole MS group involved here, MS Australia, llc, international etc.

the pattern of trade is there to see in the 3b detail and when you start to look between the two its reeeeaaally interesting.

You need to tote the buys, sells, borrows and capital returns for both companies (and split the MS transactions to respective entities)to see what I am talking about over the successive 3b's.

Anyways I am still trying to make sense of their trading patterns at the moment, just thought it may be of interest to holders.

Begs the question - Why are two major shareholders acting together to short LYC with dodgy black pool transactions that we cant see in our real time information?

They seem to have made a bit of cash and increased their holdings through this activity, I wonder how many innocent punters have sold out to these guys and lined their pockets.

The data is there however DYOR and all IMO.

I am not finished with this trail by a long shot and will post if and when I find anything more however I believe (IMO) this is a significant factor in the SP of LYC.

Now it would be interesting to see the activity of the SMSL guys in and around when these stocks are being shorted by these major shareholders, wouldnt it.

Oh yeah, this is how you marry TA and FA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.10
Change
0.030(0.49%)
Mkt cap ! $5.673B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.06 $6.10 $6.05 $842.8K 138.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 5301 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.10 10697 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.22am 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.