MSB 3.42% $1.21 mesoblast limited

MSB $1 Party, page-772

1. 16,933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8392
    "wild thought - what possibility of SI and friends of MSB taking the co private?
    thoughts anybody?"

"Wild thought"?
    I can think of many other more fitting descriptors than merely "wild".

Not sure you really thought through the prospect of "SI and friends of MSB" taking the co private.

For starters, the Takeovers Panel tends to deem all shareholders of a company are "friends" of that company, so that if one group of "friends" gets together to act in a way that precludes other "friends", that would almost certainly give rise to Unacceptable Circumstances orders being issued by the Takeovers Panel.

But, hey, even if SI and his selected friends of MSB somehow slip through the net of the Takeovers Panel, they'll probably need to cut a cheque for several hundreds of millions of dollars [*] to buy out the friends of MSB (i.e., the other shareholders) who are not included in the special "SI and friends of MSB" sub-set of friends of MSB.

[*] For example, assuming "SI and friends of MSB"speak for 25% of the Issued Capital of the company today, to buy out the other 75% of the shares, based on the normal 40% takeover premium would cost: 75% x $595m (current Market Cap) + 1.40 (Takeover premium) = $625m. (Maybe SI can sell all his assets outside of MSB and go all-in to pay his share.)

But assuming that happens, how do SI and friends get funding for the company they now own outright to continue funding the trials? Scour the globe for new investors?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.