MSB 5.24% $1.11 mesoblast limited

MSB cash burn, page-17

1. 3,299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2825
    So, yes, minority shareholders can indeed “increase (our) holding on market any day if we agree with market valuation”, but it cannot be done at a discount to market valuation, which is what gets offered – inequitably, any sane person would argue - to others via the selective share placement process.

Despite my “talent for making things unnecessarily complicated”, I like to think that it is the exact opposite of complicated to be able to see what is reasonable and fair, as opposed to what is an egregious abuse of small and loyal shareholders.

As for your example related to the recent CGF raising, comparing the current share price and the issue price for the recent placement, you are right it is not a fair comparison. For starters, I’m not sure what purposes is served by comparing the CGF placement price two months ago with the share price today.

The salient information is: that placement was done at a 5.3% discount to Last Traded Price, and at a 6.1% discount to 30-Day VWAP.

What the CGF share price has done subsequent to the capital raising is completely academic in terms of the discussion about the transfer of value, at a particular point in time, from minority shareholders - denied the right to purchase shares at a discount to market value - to institutional investors who have been afforded that right for free.

Also, CGF is a $4bn company and it was raising $250m (a small quantum in the context of its market value at the time), and still it needed to offer a 5%-6% discount to entice investors.

I think it is safe to assume that the discount required for MSB’s investment bankers to successfully complete a capital raising will, too, be at some reasonable discount to the current share price.

(And if MSB wanted to do anything approaching a 1-for-1 raising, I can assure you that pricing of the book would clear at a level significantly below the current share price, but I know you were just talking hypothetically in that case)

Finally, thanks for proffering your opinion about my “not really belonging in higher risk stocks.”

My observations are that I, in fact, do very well out of stocks which are deemed conventionally to be “higher risk”.

And I am sure I will one day do well out of MSB, too.
    Just not yet.
    Not until I have worked out what the potential further downside is.

.............I am sure I will one day do well out of MSB, too.

madamswer,

Eureka!!! It finally hit me today, searching for any meaning hidden in your writings.
    It's not all the stuff about capital destruction - that's just a smokescreen.

You're trying to pick the bottom!!!!!!

I've learned a few things over the years, and still learning - but that's a well known folly understood by most good investors - with some luck I've done it a few times (2009 especially) but it's not something I would recommend. Takes more skills.

If you told us that in the beginning we could have avoided all the distractions about what the stock is worth. Detrimental to mums and dads on HC.

Get an update from pa31, he's somewhere on the same train with you

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.11
Change
0.055(5.24%)
Mkt cap ! $1.261B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.05 $1.13 $1.04 $6.781M 6.207M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 43856 $1.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.11 66000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.