MSB 2.70% 95.0¢ mesoblast limited

MSB chart, page-695

1. 1,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    MSB is in a business without rivalry. This unique feature plus positive trial results, and possible partnership agreement is certainly attracting the investors.
    There are 4 major stem cell companies on American stock exchange worth watching. They are all targeting different types of illnesses thus not competing in nature except for wooing investor. But in my view, MSB is a better choice of investment among all.
    Tigenix with its Phase 3 success in treating Crohn's related fistulas using stem cell therapheutic Alofisel has received its partner Takeda's offer, and result in it's share price gone up double in the last month, in the us$40 now. Following what has been a long road for some there will be a pot of investable funds coming out of this deal for many common shareholders. One of the questions that might be: where to invest in the cell company next? There are Athersys, Pluristem, and Mesoblast.
    Athersys produce Multistem, a product used in ongoing trials in ischemic stroke(phase 3), acute myocardial infarction (Phase2), and ARDS(phase 2). Since making highs last fall of $2.55, the shares have sunk to $1.35 as of today, plunging towards its 52wk low of $1.17, due to Phase 3 trial has been pushed back repeatedly, steady cash burn and lack of partnership. The ischemic stroke phase 3 trial is projected to be completed in 2018 in Japan, now postponed to 2020.
    Pluristem, one of its product is competing with Athersys and Cleveland Biolabs in acute radiation syndrome (ARDS). It has another 2 Phase 3 trails on the way: PLX-PAD and PLX-R18 for treatment of critical limb ischemia (phase 3) and hip fracture(phase 3). The same issues this company has like the rest of the stem cell companies are funding. The share price has fallen from $2 mark in Nov last year to $1.42 of today.
    Glad to see MSB has been in favour in recent weeks, bucking the trend on red days, built on positive phase 3 trial, possible partnership deal, multiple phase 3 /2 trials in the pipeline. I see it's finally attracting investors. Its not competing nature except for investment is a big plus point. Tigenix has seen its share price doubled and a take-over offer beased on one of the successful phase 3 trial, I don't see why MSB won't reach its $4 mark estimated by others.
    With so many phase 3 trials in the market, indeed 2018 is a year for pharmaceutical companies.
    As the time of writing, MSB is holding well on a day of red. Last call for price under $2.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.0¢
Change
0.025(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $1.084B
Open High Low Value Volume
94.0¢ 96.8¢ 93.5¢ $4.207M 4.417M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 42268 94.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
95.0¢ 48002 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.