MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

Thanks for sending me the link. They are quite interesting. I am...

1. 85 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Thanks for sending me the link. They are quite interesting.

I am not a medical practitioner so my knowledge is limited. However, I benefit from having a sister who is doing her PhD in medicine. Sometimes I pester her to teach me a thing or two. Since I haven't been very lucky in my investment so far (hence the nickname), I could use all the help that I can get. I am still waiting for my big win and after a catastrophic loss on SGH, I am hoping that MSB will be my win.

I believe it is hard to do a straight comparison between MSB and CYP. Both aim to treat different condition (CYP aim to treat GVHD, while MSB aims to treat steroid-refractory GVHD in children). If you compare the Osiris trial to CYP, it would not be apple to apple comparison anyway. As mentioned in the ODAC, the cell that MSB uses now is 50% more potent. Besides, you mentioned that the sample size of CYP is just too small. I would be more comfortable with an initial sample of at least 30 to make it statistically robust, but I am in social science so completely different field.

As for the two articles, the first one concludes that iMSC can be produced from iPSC without having to worry about the age of the donor1. Take into note that the technology that the research employ are from life technologies inc california. Would it be relevant to CYP's cymerus? Is it similar or different? While the second article published in 2015 have been challenged and perfected in newer publication3,4,5. So there is still "tension" in the field of iMSC. I would wait until CYP finish phase 2 GVHD to be sure on safety.

On the other hand, I see positive development with the inclusion of Darryl Maher on CYP board. My thesis was on board interlocking and his inclusion signal potential tidying for takeover in my model. Therefore, my interest in jumping in when I profit from MSB. I will wait and see until the end of september for development.

@Barman76 I believe that CYP has made significant progress in Ostheoarthritis by securing phase 2/3 sponsored by the university of sydney and NHMRC. However, in the world with covid-19 who knows when the trial can actually start. MSB is lucky that we finish all of the phase 3 trial and just waiting for the readout.

Best of luck on your investment
    BC13

1. Spitzhorn, L. S., Megges, M., Wruck, W., Rahman, M. S., Otte, J., Degistirici, Ö., ... & Adjaye, J. (2019). Human iPSC-derived MSCs (iMSCs) from aged individuals acquire a rejuvenation signature. Stem cell research & therapy, 10(1), 100.
    2. Zhao, Q., Gregory, C. A., Lee, R. H., Reger, R. L., Qin, L., Hai, B., ... & Prockop, D. J. (2015). MSCs derived from iPSCs with a modified protocol are tumor-tropic but have much less potential to promote tumors than bone marrow MSCs. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 112(2), 530-535.
    3. Mohr, A., & Zwacka, R. (2018). The future of mesenchymal stem cell-based therapeutic approaches for cancer–from cells to ghosts. Cancer Letters, 414, 239-249.
    4. de Araujo Farias, V., O’Valle, F., Serrano-Saenz, S., Anderson, P., Andrés, E., López-Peñalver, J., ... & Expósito, J. (2018). Exosomes derived from mesenchymal stem cells enhance radiotherapy-induced cell death in tumor and metastatic tumor foci. Molecular cancer, 17(1), 1-12.
    5. Jiang, B., Yan, L., Wang, X., Li, E., Murphy, K., Vaccaro, K., ... & Xu, R. H. (2019). Concise Review: Mesenchymal Stem Cells Derived from Human Pluripotent Cells, an Unlimited and Quality‐Controllable Source for Therapeutic Applications. Stem cells, 37(5), 572-581.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.