MSB 2.51% 97.0¢ mesoblast limited

MSB Monday Opening Price, page-137

1. mja
    1,342 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 280
    I have analysed various studies for remestemcel, over the last few days. Of note there appear to be minimal side effects, no difference versus placebo. This cannot be understated, as "first do know harm" is a key medical axiom.

I have just reviewed another study.

Title: Factors associated with hospitalization and critical illness among 4,103 patients with
    Covid-19 disease in New York City

The study ran from March 1 2020 to April 2 2020, with results compiled as at April 7 2020.

445 patients in this study received mechanical ventilation (intubated). The results were:
    -16 discharged 3.6%
    -162 died 36.4%
    -22 extubated (off ventilation), still in hospital 4.9%
    -245 still ventilated 55.1%

So 8.5% have had a good outcome, ie discharged or extubated. 36.4% have died. 55.1% are still intubated (receiving mechanical ventilation), and the longer you are ventilated the less likely you are to have a good outcome. These numbers in my opinion would be consistent with at least a 75% mortality rate. This study appears to give the best indication as to the present condition of the patients not discharged or deceased in the studies cited earlier, ie 91.8% of the inpatients (not discharged or deceased) are still being ventilated in the above study.

Remestemcel in comparison had:
    -7 discharged 58.3%
    -2 died 16.7%
    -2 extubated, still in hospital 16.7%
    -1 still ventilated 8.3%
    --so 75% have had a good outcome with remestemcel, versus 8.5% in above study. The sample size is small, but the results are compelling. The other key is that the remestemcel targets the pathway that triggers ARDS, and has achieved statistically significant results in graft versus host disease post bone marrow transplant, with nil side effects of note. Graft versus host disease and ARDS can both be looked on as being autoimmune in nature ie the body inadvertently attacking itself. As opposed to we gave this medication and it seemed to help, but we are not entirely sure of the mechanism to action.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.